From the website: “Students considering a career as a Genetic Assistant or other position assisting genetic services providers will find this program useful as they prepare for future employment. Students will learn the fundamentals of clinical genomics and contemporary practice as well as the unique responsibilities and skills required to perform as a Genetic Assistant.” Click here to learn more!
Genetic Counseling Associations Online
- American Board of Genetic Counseling (ABGC)
- National Society of Genetic Counselors (NSGC)
- Accreditation Council for Genetic Counseling (ACGC)
Highly Recommended Resources Online
- NSGC Career Information
- Become A Genetic Counselor (NSGC Brochure)
- Who Are Genetic Counselors? (Brochure provided by the Association of Genetic Counseling Program Directors)
- Genetic Counseling As A Career (NSGC student recruitment video)
UNCG Resources Online
The UNCG Jackson Library staff offers for your exploration many databases, journals, e-encyclopedias, and web sites that they have aggregated for you, all related to Genetic Counseling.